WeeWingedOnes Quote

Monday, May 30, 2016

DIY Fun With Bloody Marys - Lovage, Turmeric, Chopping Herbs, Etc.


Last year, I planted a lovage plant.  The gal at the local garden store told me about it.  She said is is like celery but hollow making the stalks great straws for bloody marys.  It is a perennial, and this year it is flourishing.  Above is a picture from the first harvest.  I have heard it referred to as "celery on steroids," which is an apt description.  The flavor is very pungent, but definitely like celery.

http://helloglow.co/homemade-bloody-mary-mix-with-turmeric-and-black-pepper/

Searching around on Pinterest, I found this neat bloody mary mix with turmeric in it.  It called for fresh basil and parsley chopped up.  Thinking about how to chop it, I got this idea to use a pizza cutter, and it works great--even better than an herb scissors for this task.  (Thinking of trying to simplify and downsize, I think the herb scissors can go.)



Other Pinterest recipes mentioned using things like fresh mozzarella on skewers.  (Awesome!  I have some fresh mozzarella in the freezer. ) That gave me an idea to add a bit of balsamic vinegar to the mix, so I did.  I am still missing the fresh lemon, lime, and carrot juice.  That will require a trip to the store, but yum!  So far, so good.  

Girls getaway, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment