WeeWingedOnes Quote

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Color Journal for Etsy Sellers


This is how my Wee Winged Ones Facebook page (where I would post ideas and the process of those I purse) turned into a blog.

I ran across the Color Thesaurus project by Ingrid Sundberg and thought how useful it would be to have something of the sort for those who sell on Etsy, including myself.  Writing titles, descriptions, and tags for the items we list in our shops, can be, at times, frustrating.  Sometimes the creative juices flow, and other times I seem to hit a brick wall.

That is when I thought how great it would be to have a color journal of sorts to record descriptive words for colors that might help me and others write Etsy copy.

My first stab at something of the sort was the binder you see pictured above.  With the help of printing out sections of Ingrid's Color Thesaurus, I now have a beginning tab page for each color.  On the pages after each color, I will simply add words and phrases related to that color as they come to me.

Because I know something like this might be helpful for other, and maybe kinda fun too, I am going to record those descriptive words here on this blog.  Each color will have a specific blog page--namely an "ode".  Those pages are listed on the right-hand column of this blog.

If you would like to contribute, go to the Wee Winged Ones Facebook page, find the post for the color, and add your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment